INTERESTED IN SERVING AS A LPGA*USGA Girls Golf of San Antonio Volunteer?
LPGA*USGA Girls Golf of San Antonio is seeking dedicated volunteers that can help anywhere from 1.5 to 2 hours a week. Please see all of our volunteering opportunities below:
COACH – DELIVERING LIFE SKILLS AND GOLF SKILLS
MENTOR – SHARING LIFE EXPERIENCES
PROGRAM ASSISTANCE – SETUP AND TEAR DOWN
PROGRAM ASSISTANCE – ASSIST WITH SNACKS, PARTIES, ETC.
Administrative – ASSISTANCE WITH DATA ENTRY, FILING AND OTHER OFFICE NEEDS
TUTORING – TEACHERS ASSIST WITH NEEDED TUTOR CLASSES
POLO FIELD GOLF CENTER COUNTER ASSISTANCE – OPERATE PRO-SHOP SALES
MAINTENANCE – ASSIST WITH BUILDING AND GROUNDS UPKEEP
Our program would not be where it is today without the help and support we’ve received from our enthusiastic volunteers and mentors. We are always looking for new volunteers! We need your help in order to continue impacting the lives of youth in our community.
If the opportunity to positively influence the life of a child gets you excited, then you belong at The First Tee of Greater San Antonio! All volunteers for The First Tee of Greater San Antonio are required to complete a background check and complete The First Tee of Greater San Antonio Volunteer Application. Please read and agree to our Risk Management and our Social Media Principles.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who can volunteer with LPGA*USGA Girls Golf of San Antonio? Anyone with:
- An ability to serve as “the model” of mature, responsible behavior to participants
- An interest in the development of youth
- An appreciation for the game of golf and its inherent life lessons
- The ability to assist with a 2 hour session at least once a week
When/where are LPGA*USGA Girls Golf of San Antonio classes held?
- LPGA*USGA Girls Golf of San Antonio classes take place on Tuesdays (5pm - 6:30pm) Saturdays (11:30am - 1pm)
- Polo Field Golf Center
- Landa Park Golf Course (coming soon)
- Riverside Golf Course
- TopGolf San Antonio
- Windcrest Golf Course
When can I start to volunteer for The First Tee of Greater San Antonio?
- Contact Taylor Carruth at (210) 736-9592 or email email@example.com to schedule an interview.
- Complete a background check at www.ncsisafe.com. Click on self-registration; password 47274471. You will be responsible for a $25 fee which is payable with a major credit card. Once your background check has been submitted, contact Taylor Carruth at (210) 736-9592.
- Upon completion of the interview and background check you are eligible to begin working with the kids in the program. You will have the opportunity to observe the program and work directly with one of the Coaches until you feel comfortable in your role as a volunteer.
What should I bring with me on my first day?
- A great attitude and a willingness to assist as needed.
- Equipment is provided.
Who should I contact if I have any questions?
LPGA*USGA Girls Golf of San Antonio Head Coach - Taylor Carruth
(210) 736-8702 or firstname.lastname@example.org